Sunday, September 26, 2010

That old chestnut


I love this time of year and I'm waiting in anticipation for the lovely deep reds and ochres to show themsleves off this season. The light is changing and casting gorgeous shadows and bright salmon light onto leaves and trees and ivys.


This is another chestnut study, trying out those loose washes initially then bringing in the finer details once it's dried. The process is fun, yet unforgiving, so doing this with a sense of nonchalance really helps - then you don't mind when it all goes pear-shaped!

6 comments:

  1. I am right with you on the 'trying to loosen up' thing. You are very talented and are way ahead of me on this. Your blog may be new but has already got me hooked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is gorgeous! i love the autumn light and colours too, we collected some chestnuts too today :-) take care and keep up the good work :-) love, daniela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work as usual Suzanne. I love the loosness of the washes and then the perfect little detail on the outer shell of the chestnut.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice study Suzanne, I love chestnuts too and it is a great time of the year for colour. Looking forward to the next installments :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...