Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Nom nom nectarines








This one started off its life as Wash #82 (for the 100 washes blog) - a loose wash of quinacridone gold, cadmiuim red deep and a few drops of a mix of cadmiuim red deep and prussian blue, all wet-in-wet to blend the colours. Then the two delicious nectarines I was eating while waiting for the wash to dry inspired me to finish it with them as its subject!

Its amazing how doing these washes have helped to loosen up my techniques and not care too much about how it ends up. Thereby I can let the creative process take over, such fun!
Arches 140lb cp paper.

1 comment:

  1. I love the luminosity and looseness of the last two watercolors. Both the tomatoes and the nectarines look delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...