Sunday, July 28, 2013

Apples Study III


After getting some very positive feedback from a respected artist at the Dublin Painting and Sketching Clubs exhibition, I started working a bit bigger than I normally would. I usually tear a full sheet of Arches 140lb in four pieces, but I was so buoyed up from the experience that I started working with the sheet torn in two, then a little off each end - so the sheets now measure approximately 50cm x 38cm.

In order to feel comfortable with my new format, I went back to revisit some sketches and favourite compostions - the apples being a firm favourite!

Watercolour quinacridone gold, quin. gold + prussian blue and a touch of quin. red on Arches 140lb paper.

2 comments:

  1. good for you it's beautiful format ...you sound really pleased....beautiful painting

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...