Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

This past year brought great changes in my life: membership to the Ulster Watercolour Society and the Ulster Society of Women Artists. I was thrilled to become members of both art organisations.

In July, I was offered a job that changed our lives around and set us on course for a new adventure. This job offered the opportunity to work about 15km from our holiday home in Connemara, so on August 26th, we packed our belongings and set sail for the west. As you know this has been our spiritual home for so long and the place I love to paint in most. We were scared and excited and looking forward to our new adventure.

It's now 3 months later, and although I haven't had time to paint or draw, i have been absorbing the stunning surroundings which do the soul good. We have settled in well into our community and slowed down so as to enjoy those chats at the garden gate to pass some time with a neighbour or passerby. We have survived the full-on Atlantic storms, the complete darkness of mid-winter and look forward to Spring. The seasons are so amplified here than in the cities, I'm excited to see what the year brings.

Happy painting and health and happiness for 2014!   P.s I still haven't worked out how to post a pic from my iPad....grrrr,

2 comments:

  1. So lovely to hear your news, Suzanne. You new home sounds as if it's in an idyllic setting. I would love to see the Irish countryside - definitely on my 'one day' list.

    Happy New Year and Happy Painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy new year to you both suzanne ,,so glad you are settled in your new home and your job is going well .

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...